There are two ways to get our books onto your Kindle – the easy way and the HARD way. Let’s look at the easy way first.
- *NEW* Amazon has a shortcut way to send books to your kindle. Go to https://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle/ and you can download an app to your PC or another device so that once you have set up the steps above, sending new books is a simple as right-clicking on the file and clicking ‘Send to Kindle.
This should work for you, but in case it doesn’t, here is the more complex, but still not difficult method.
It is not hard to get our kindle files onto your device, but there are a few things to do first of all so that your Kindle device(s) can get our files. The process is no more complex than EMAILING the book (in MOBI format) to the email account associated with your Kindle device (PC, tablet, phone). The issue is to make sure you send it TO the right email address and FROM the proper email address. We show you how to do this in the steps below. Once you have done this once, you will not have to do it again. In future, you can simply email your new book to your device/app and Jeff Bezos will get none of your money!
- Firstly, get the book from us in .MOBI format. All you need to do is to ask us to send you the book in MOBI format as well as the standard PDF/EPUB. Just email us at email@example.com when you buy the book from us to send the .MOBI format.
- Next, create a new email and attach the .MOBI file to it. We will find the ‘to’ and ‘from’ addresses in the following steps.
- Log on with your Amazon account at amazon.com/myk in your browser (If you are registered at other amazon sites change the address to that specific site eg amazon.co.uk/myk etc.)
- Click on the My Devices (may be called just Devices) tab. This will now list all the devices your kindle account goes to.
- Now click on the Preferences Tab, scroll down, and click on Personal Document Settings.
- You will now see the ‘Send-to-kindle’ email address(es) associated with your Kindle device or app. This is the ’email to’ address so copy it and past it into the email you created above.
- Look for the ‘Approved Personal Document Email List’ section. If this is the first time you are doing this then there will be no email addresses currently listed. Click on ‘add a new approved email address‘ and put your own email address in there. Now put this in the ‘from’ email address in the email you created above.
- That’s it! Send the email and your Kindle will now find your new book. You may have to click on ‘sync’ on your Kindle to force it to look for your new book if it does not do it automatically.
That’s it! Now you can order your books in Kindle format (MOBI format) and send it automatically to your Kindle device!
Note that when looking either on your kindle or on the webpage, these books are referred to as DOCS (documents) rather than actual kindle books to separate them from those you bought via Amazon. If you cannot see your file, make sure you are set to ALL files and not just BOOKS.
DO YOU WANT TO TRY THIS OUT FOR YOURSELF?
Download a sample MOBI file here. You need to unzip the file to get the MOBI file which is a sample of the book Australian Baby. Then, using the instructions above, you can get familiar with the process before buying MOBI formal files from us for your Kindle!